On 1/28/08 12:35 PM, "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> AFAICT, this still does not resolve the problem, it simply picks up the
> replacement of the file.

Which is what I care about.

> It does not address the root 80% of the problem when an open file is
> then changed during the transmission.

You get what you deserve if you do that, IMO.  All of our publishing systems
write to temp file, then rename to real name.

> For trunk, it's time finally to open the file earlier in the request
> cycle and use the fstat/file_info_get for the lifetime of the request.
> Thoughts?

Maybe. I'm wondering how often we wind-up not using the file.  I guess only
when we redirect or something in fixups, maybe.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer