Den Tuesday 12 February 2008 17.23.27 skrev Guenter Knauf:
> Hi Oden,
>
> > http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/rootcerts/curr
> >ent/
>
> from what I see this relies on the same source certdate.txt as my script;
> so what should be the benefit of maintaining copies of that?
> I wrote the script to make it easy to generate one self,
> and to be independent from others which might not be uptodate...
> and BTW. the one in this CVS repo is one version behind (1.44, Mozilla/NSS
> has 1.45).
>
> Guenter.

I see, I must admit I didn't look at your script, sorry. In Mandriva I
introduced this "rootcerts" package in -05 (inspired by the Microsoft
naming). What's unique with this is that we can easily add CA's like
cacert.org, domestic ones and such. When we build the mozilla nss libs we use
the /etc/pki/tls/mozilla/certdata.txt version instead of the bundled one in
the source (the CA's are hardcoded into the nss libs). Of course we also get
a ca-bundle.crt containing the added CA's. But this is the world of RPM
packaging, a litte OT.

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson