On 2/13/08 11:07 AM, "Jim Jagielski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've started looking at adding "ping" support for
> mod_proxy_http to complement whats in mod_proxy_ajp...
> The idea is to send a simple OPTIONS * to the backend
> and hope for a reply.

Would it be more useful to have active healthchecking to backend servers?
Ie, periodically hit a url on each origin and mark them up/down based on
response.  Only send traffic to up servers.  I think mod_backhand does
something similar but much more complex (?).

I had started looking to add this to balancer, but I have no time.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer