Right. Furthermore I guess we could create a generic module that needs a
URL configured for a HEAD request that only replies 200 if the backend can
still handle more requests. If it does not respond or with a different code
this backend would be dead. I guess this module needs to fork a separate
process / thread to do this checking periodically and modify the worker status
accordingly.
So much interesting work and so few time :-(.

Regards

Rüdiger