Hi Dirk-Willem,

Can you please clarify your mentioning the bucket-brigade footprint? Are they so slow they make memory-based cache no more efficient then disk-based one? Or the opposite: sendfile() works so well that serving content from memory is not any faster?

I'm developing an Apache output filter for highly loaded servers and proxies that juggles small-size buckets and brigades extensively. I'm not at the stage yet where I can do performance tests but if I knew this would definitely impact performance, I would perhaps switch to fixed-size buffers straight away...

Thank you.
        KC