On Mar 26, 2008, at 5:45 PM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

On Mar 26, 2008, at 5:23 PM, Konstantin Chuguev wrote:

A small correction: I meant writev() calls instead of sendfile() when working with small-size buckets.

The filter I'm developing provisionally splits the supplied buckets into relatively small buckets during content parsing. It then removes some of them and inserts some other buckets. Before passing the resulting brigade further down the filter chain, it merges all buckets that have their data in contiguous memory regions back together. So I guess I'm doing my bit in preventing excessive chunking.

I've done some research on the source files of httpd-2.2.6. The CORE filter seems to do de-chunking in the case when 16 or more buckets are passed to it (actually, the brigade is split if it contains flush buckets and each split part is checked for 16 buckets) AND the total amount of bytes in the 16 buckets does not exceed 8000. The filter then buffers the buckets together. Very clever.

Hmm - I am not sure that this always works - i.e. try this :)

$ cat test.shtml

Ok - thunderbird quot-ing detection ate the cut and paste -- so it should be

[!--#echo var="error" --] [!--#echo var="error" --] .. repeated umpteen times.

replace [] by <>.

(make sure that all spaces between the > and < are gone) and have the usual:

And that is a type - make sure that there is all but exactly ONE space between the > and the <.

        AddType text/html .shtml
        AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
        <Directory ..
                Options Includes
                ..

in your config. You then get the output below.

Dw.

(echo GET /test.shtml HTTP/1.1; echo Host: localhost: echo; echo; sleep 10) | telnet localhost 80
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
HTTP/1.1 200 OK