I think what Paul is suggesting (he will for sure correct me
if I'm wrong) is that it's better to at least have some semblance
of a schedule than not, and by baselining every X months for a release,
it provides us, as volunteers, to better allocate time. It does
not mean, imo, that we rush out packages that aren't ready or
release something just because "we have a schedule to keep"...
we all have day jobs that force that on us, and we don't want
that kind of pressure here as well.

However, looking over things, I think that we have enough active
activity such that a ~3month "cycle" might be workable...