On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:46:43PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I think what Paul is suggesting (he will for sure correct me
> if I'm wrong) is that it's better to at least have some semblance
> of a schedule than not, and by baselining every X months for a release,
> it provides us, as volunteers, to better allocate time. It does
> not mean, imo, that we rush out packages that aren't ready or
> release something just because "we have a schedule to keep"...
> we all have day jobs that force that on us, and we don't want
> that kind of pressure here as well.

TBH, I'm not too keen on the idea of releasing just because we're
suddenly hitting a specific date - if there's no changes worth
releasing... Yeah, I'd like to see it happen more often than every 6-8
months, but every 2-3 months is just going to create unnecessary work
fort the admins out there. Going down this route, I think the bare
minimum way of playing nice would be to very clearly mark releases as
either security, feature or just that time of the month releases.

> However, looking over things, I think that we have enough active
> activity such that a ~3month "cycle" might be workable...

How many branches are we talking about? the whole 2.x bunch or?

just my $.02

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk