William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Paul Querna wrote:
For those who were not there, slides from Roy's keynote at ApacheCon EU:
  <http://roy.gbiv.com/talks/200804_Apache3_ApacheCon.pdf>

I came away with one question...

if you read the slides you should understand Roy as pointing out the
relative peaks and valleys in traffic, corresponding to regular v.s.
drawn out release cycles, and general "energy level".

But measuring the list as "energy" - Roy did you factor in the various
[EMAIL PROTECTED] traffic (and earlier generations?)

In doing so, here's the net effect if we look at dev, bugs, cvs and docs
where the actual "work gets done" so to speak.

http://httpd.markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.httpd.dev+list%3Aorg.apache.httpd.bugs+list%3Aorg.apache.httpd.cvs+list%3Aorg.apache.httpd.docs

[this ignores any possible resolutions which are created in the spheres
of users@, testers@ and so forth, but those lists existed pretty much
throughout the history of the project].

I agree with Roy that what is missing is innovation, and that we no longer
release early or often enough.  But I wouldn't go as far as calling this
project lethargic ;-)