On Fri, 30 May 2008, Colm MacC?rthaigh wrote:

For one reason or another, I need to be able to invalidate cache
entries in some mod_cache caches. There's no "good" standard for this,

Aye - common problem!.

PURGE /foo HTTP/1.1
..

While above is 'always' a good/sensible approach. I'd like:

something more like mod_proxy_balancer's full-scale html interface for
doing this kind of thing at run-time?

No, totally nut - bot I am much more interested in a deeper, programmatic, interface - which I can hook up to things like spread. Esp. if that 'bus' can also contain pro-active warnings of one cache to the others that it has spotted something going out of date or whatever.

However the current cache_remove_url_filter() backing is not quite ideal - with respect to purging 'recursively' into the Vary-ants. But I guess that is a problem which can be solved totally separately.

Dw