On 21 Aug 2008, at 13:28, Jim Jagielski wrote:

On Aug 20, 2008, at 6:53 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

A little while ago, Basant Kukreja published mod_sed under the
Apache license.  He's now also written a blog entry that could
become the basis for a tutorial into how mod_sed is much more
than a mere string-or-regexp search-and-replace filter:

http://blogs.sun.com/basant/entry/using_mod_sed_to_filter

I happen to know that Basant and Sun will be happy for us
to adopt mod_sed, and I think that with that blog entry
reworked into a howto doc, it'll add real value to httpd.

Any thoughts on dropping it in to trunk, with a view
to including it as standard in 2.4 in due course?

We will need, of course, the IP clearance issues resolved.

Of course we have a long-standing CCLA from Sun.

Basant, do we have an ICLA from you?
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.{txt|pdf}

(Technically it's sufficient that it's Apache-licensed, if we preserve
the third-party notices.  But that's not really what's proposed :-)

--
Nick Kew