Mladen Turk wrote:
Ian Ward Comfort wrote:

I don't think I understand the API versioning issues, but the possibility of a 2.2 backport would make me happy. :)

Basically if you add additional config directive it cannot
be backported. Anyhow I agree with Nick that using existing
directives from mod_rewrite or mod_headers would be much
nicer solution, so I'm not in favor of adding new directives.

Cannot isn't quite fair... it simply makes it less likely to be
accepted.  Essentially you ask yourself, is this fixing a bug or
problem with 2.2, or is it a new feature that should be added
and instead of distracting the devs from releasing 2.4.0, should
the emphasis be on getting the new version released?