On 4 Sep 2008, at 1:48 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:
Ian Ward Comfort wrote:
RewriteRule ^ - [C,E=AJP_REMOTE_USER:%{ENV:REMOTE_USER}]

I think, that forwarding the full subprocess_env table is to much and usually not what is needed.

I agree.

If you really have use cases, where there are lots of env vars you want to forward, you could think about allowing patterns on the variable names. That would make administration less tedious but of course sacrifice performance a bit.

I could do without patterns. It's not the number of variables that's a problem for me, it's that config lines like the above are too easy to screw up. (Plus I'd rather not have to worry about interaction with rules I might use to do actual URL rewriting.)

To me, 'ProxyEnvVar REMOTE_USER' is succinct and effective. But if new directives are anathema, I'm willing to implement a different interface, if a suitable one can be found.

--
Ian Ward Comfort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
System Administrator, Student Computing, Stanford University