[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Using this basic framework, you can return SUSPENDED from an HTTP Handler,
and then register a callback that is invoked by the MPM at a later time.

This initial version only supports _timers_ as callbacks, but in the future I
would like to add things like wait for socket activity, on a socket specified by
the handler.

Ooooh... if you extend that idea to include callbacks on files as well as on sockets, you will help solve a long standing problem in the mod_disk_cache code.

It is something I have been keen to get into APR for a while (though I want to finish the current stuff on my APR plate first).

Does anyone besides Rüdiger read commit emails :-) ?

Afraid not.

I know there are likely huge problems with this, but I would like to see how far
we can push the Event MPM, figure out what to do better, if there is anything, and then really dive into the 3.0 development before ApacheCon.

How difficult would this be to support in the other MPMs?

Regards,
Graham