On 10/13/2008 09:37 PM, Jess Holle wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>> So if noone finds a registry entry to stop this RFC violating behaviour
>>
> I'd love to see this solved by such a discovery, "option 0".
>> I see only two options on Windows:
>>
>> 1. Fiddle around with GetTcpTable.
>>
> I've attached my incomplete code in this regard (as a diff against
> 2.2.9, which is what I used as the base for my changes) for what they're

Mind to attach this as a unified diff?

> worth.  There are TO_DO notes where I know I'm missing stuff.  I tested
> basic use of GetTcpTable(), which solved the problem, but haven't
> completed my conversion to caching this data -- in part because I don't
> know where to allocate an lock to arbitrate access to this cached data.

I guess the post config hook would be the correct place to create such a mutex.
Depending on what type of mutex you need a call to apr_global_mutex_child_init
is due additionally in the child_init hook. Have a look at other caching modules
in httpd that have to deal with this like ldap or on trunk the small objects
caches.

>> 2. Allow connectiontimeout to somehow accept milliseconds.
>>
> Or a floating point number?
>
> Unfortunately this would seem to impact actual connection timeouts as an
> undesired side-effect of trying to address Windows' bad treatment of
> RSTs, right?

Not directly as you can interpret an integer value of an existing configuration
also as a float, but I would like to keep the value an integer. This should be
doable the way I proposed (< 100 seconds >= 100 milliseconds), but comments on
this approach are welcome.

Regards

RĂ¼diger