On 10/18/08 4:28 PM, "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also consider today that a server on broadband can easily spew 1gb/sec
> bandwidth
> at the client.  If this is composed content (or proxied, etc, but not
> sendfiled)
> it would make sense to allow multiple buffer pages and/or resizing buffer
> pages,
> in a <Location > or <Files > or <Proxy > specific context.

Would not the generic "store-and-forward" approach I sent last week help all
of these situations?  It effective turns any request into a "sendfiled"
response.  Let me do some checking and I may be able to just donate the
code, since it's basically a very hacked up mod_deflate crossed with
mod_xsendfile.  It works for us, but we don't use the stock proxy, so not
100% it will help if the frontend and backend pools are somehow "linked."

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer