On Dec 19, 2008, at 12:16 PM, Jorge Schrauwen wrote:

Also note that the x64 versions of windows do run 32-bit binaries without a problem.

More bits is, of course, better but I agree that it does not always make sense to run 64bits, even on a 64bits capable platform.

I've been providing x64 binaries of httpd 2.2 because people want them.

I think that's typical of our mentality regarding projects and initiatives: those who can, do and if someone takes the initiative to have Apache compile and run on 64bits Windows (other than "it doesn't work please make it work"), we'll pay attention whether or not running this way is actually the best approach.

S.

--
Sander Temme
scte...@apache.org