Greetings,

While reviewing Lucien's french translation for the trunk performance tuning guide (misc/perf-tuning.xml), it has come to my understanding that this document contains extremely old, and probably outdated, information.

URL for the HTML version is http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/misc/perf-tuning.html

Of course the document already contains a warning about being irrelevant.

Some sections of the document refer to Apache 1.2 ; my "favorite" extract is probably : "As HTTP/1.1 becomes more prevalent, and all connections are persistent, this expense will be amortized over more requests.".

Also, a very long section speaks about performance problems when multiple Listen directives are set. I would think this has been addressed by issuing internal requests (or has it not ?)

I am not competent to review the content of this document myself, but I think it deserves it. It would be extremely nice if a developer who knows about these could take a bit of time to remove oldies from that page.

BR,

Vincent

PS : however, since the french translation is done and reviewed, I just commited it.