Dan Poirier wrote:
"Lars Eilebrecht" <l...@eilebrecht.net> writes:

Vincent Deffontaines wrote on 2009-02-08 13:20:23:

While reviewing Lucien's french translation for the trunk performance tuning guide (misc/perf-tuning.xml), it has come to my understanding that this document contains extremely old, and probably outdated, information.
Yes, this page is really *really* outdated.
IMHO we should consider removing it or at least adding a note that
the stuff is outdated.

If it's badly outdated, we should either fix it or remove it.  The net
has too much outdated information on it already :-)  The outdated page
would still be in subversion if anyone wants to work on it later.

That said, it looks to me as if much of the information there is still
relevant, such as the Run-time Configuration section.  It seems worth
preserving.

Then here is my suggestion :
We can keep this page, and remove these sections totally :
"accept Serialization - multiple sockets"
"accept Serialization - single socket"
"Lingering Close"
"Scoreboard File"
"Appendix: Detailed Analysis of a Trace"

The rest of the page seems accurate enough for me.
I can do it if you guys confirm that is OK for you.

Vincent