Hello folks,

We are trying to adapt HTTP to work over SCTP streams
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-01). Since this
proposal was received warmly at the httpbis WG, we are contemplating on a
more formal specification of HTTP over SCTP.

The current HTTP over SCTP design exploits SCTP streams to avoid
head-of-line blocking. SCTP also offers other services unavailable in TCP
such as unordered delivery, partially reliable transmission, message based
transfer, multihoming support, more secure connection establishment with a
cookie mechanism and so on. We plan on adapting our design proposal to
leverage some/all of these SCTP services in the future.

We implemented HTTP over SCTP streams in Apache and Firefox. Experiments
show significant improvements to end user performance in networks with high
latency and/or lossy paths. (I can point you to relevant material if you are
interested in knowing more.)

We are interested in submitting our code changes to APR and httpd. We'd very
much appreciate guidance from httpd and APR developers on our mods and the
submission process.

Thanks!
Preethi