On May 5, 2009, at 12:07 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:
On May 5, 2009, at 11:13 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

I am trying to get the worker->id and the scoreboard associated logic moved in the reset() when using a balancer, those workers need a different handling if we want to have a shared information area for them.

The thing is that those workers are not really handled
by the balancer itself (nor should be), so the reset() shouldn;'t
apply. IMO, mod_proxy inits the generic forward/reverse workers
and m_p_b should handle the balancer-related ones.

Ok by running first the m_p_b child_init() the worker is initialised by the m_p_b logic and mod_proxy won't change it later.

Yeah... a quick test indicates, at least as far as the perl
framework is considered, changing to that m_p_b runs 1st in child_init
results in normal and expected behavior.... Need to do some more
tracing to see if we can copy the pointer instead of the whole
data set with this ordering.