Jim Jagielski wrote:

On May 6, 2009, at 9:07 AM, Jess Holle wrote:

jean-frederic clere wrote:

Should general support for a query URL be provided in mod_proxy_balancer? Or should this be left to mod_cluster?
Can you explain more? I don't get the question.
What I mean is
• Should mod_proxy_balancer be extended to provide a balancer algorithm in which one specifies a backend URL that will provide a single numeric health metric, throttle the number of such requests via a time-to-live associated with this information, and balance on this basis or
    • Should mod_cluster handle this issue?
    • Or both?

Please recall that, afaik, mod_cluster is not AL nor is it part
of Apache. So asking for direction for what is basically an external
project on the Apache httpd dev list is kinda weird :)

Yep there is a JBoss list for that: mod_cluster-...@lists.jboss.org

In any case, I think the hope of the ASF is that this capability is
part of httpd, and you can see, with mod_heartbeat and the like,
efforts in the direction.

Yes I am experimenting there too.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic