Jim Jagielski wrote:

On May 6, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jim Jagielski
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2009 16:59
An: dev@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Backports from trunk to 2.2 proxy-balancers

On May 6, 2009, at 9:54 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:

The problem is that this breaks existing configurations for 2.2.x
as the balancers are now in separate modules.

How so (the breakage, that is)?? You mean they requirement for
them to LoadModule them?

Exactly. This is an unpleasant surprise for someone updating an
existing installation from 2.2.a to 2.2.b.

In that case, we could keep the trunk dir structure for any
"extra" balancers we may add in the 2.2 tree and move the old
balancer code back into mod_proxy_balancers.c (or, even better,
as sep files that aren't sub-modules :) )

+1

Cheers

Jean-Frederic