On 09.06.2009 18:51, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> Why? Timeout on reading from stdin is a nice and clean way for making the
>> rotation to happen even when there is no log entries fired that would
>> break the block on stdin. Rotation would always happen at midnight,
>> not at some random point of time in the future when something is written
>> to the log.
>
> Yes!  And this is the point that I thought Jim was taking a look at, it
> has nothing to do with "Windows" :)

If I got Mladen and you right, there are two topics:

a) rotating even when nothing is being logged in order to close the FDs.
This is independant of platform.

b) on Windows there is an additional rotatelogs process associated with
the parent.

Hope I got that right? Parts of the discussion seemed to jump between a)
and b).

Regards,

Rainer