William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Mladen Turk wrote:
Why? Timeout on reading from stdin is a nice and clean way for making the
rotation to happen even when there is no log entries fired that would
break the block on stdin. Rotation would always happen at midnight,
not at some random point of time in the future when something is written
to the log.

Yes!  And this is the point that I thought Jim was taking a look at, it
has nothing to do with "Windows" :)

Right, but it happens to help the Windows not holding
the files by the parent as a side effect ;)
It's a four liner patch, and I'll propose a patch anyhow,
so others might care to give it a peek and test.

Regards
--
^(TM)