On 16 Jun 2009, at 23:21, André Malo wrote:

* n...@apache.org wrote:

 static void register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
 {
     ap_hook_fixups(fixup_dir,NULL,NULL,APR_HOOK_LAST);
+    ap_hook_fixups(fixup_dflt,NULL,NULL,APR_HOOK_LAST);
 }

 module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA dir_module = {

Without further checking: should we ensure the fixup_dflt is executed after fixup_dir? Or is it already (Looks actually random to me)? Maybe it should
be a late handler instead?

The order is unimportant. The circumstances under which the two functions do anything other than return an immediate DECLINED are mutually exclusive.

I haven't thought through why fixup_dir runs when it does, but I'm
reasonably confident that what works for DirectoryIndex will work fine
for its young cousin DefaultHandler (or whatever Bill changes that to).

--
Nick Kew