Rainer Jung wrote:
5) Starting a service only works using the ApacheMonitor or the Windows
Service Control. Using the commandline httpd.exe I can not start the
service. The event log shows:

[Sat Jul 25 15:11:03 2009] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API

(OS 10048)Normalerweise darf jede Socketadresse (Protokoll,
Netzwerkadresse oder Anschluss) nur jeweils einmal verwendet werden.  :
make_sock: could not bind to address 127.0.0.1:8000

Unable to open logs

So there's a warning about using IP address or port twice. I did check,
that no other process uses the port and starting via ApacheMonitor with
the same config is no problem. So I guess (wildly), that we have a bug
when starting from the commandline, resulting in the parent and the
child both trying to do the bind.

I'll see, what I can find out about it, but I would say it's not a
blocker, because IMHO most users do not control the service via the
commandline interface.
Hmmm...  We do.

--
Jess Holle