Guenter Knauf wrote:
> I would prefer the 'FTPOptions NoUTF8Feature' thing because IIRC (its
> been 5,6 years back when we discussed that with Novell's core
> developers) we can now build an UTF8-enabled Apache, just its not what
> we do by default; so ifdef by platform is not right, at least not for
> NetWare; what about such in the config:
> <IfModule mpm_netware_module>
> FTPOptions NoUTF8Feature
> </IfModule>

+1, please commit (# Notes would be helpful there)

To confirm; if UTF8 characters are *invalid* and won't be accepted for
path names, this feature should be set.  If the server *can* name files
in UTF8 this is the correct feature, even if the file names would appear
'odd' to the local user.  This is why the feature is correct for Unix.

> BTW I've just tested 'FTPOptions NoUTF8Feature' - gave me no error
> during start, but still get UTF8 with feature list ...
> hopefully I have a bit time to investigate that further later - unless
> you beat me :)

Inheritance issue, perhaps?  I'll fix before rolling.