On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
> traw...@apache.org schrieb:
> > Author: trawick
> > Date: Wed Sep 30 20:00:37 2009
> > New Revision: 820427

> > Log:
> > change the callable functions in the mod_watchdog API
> > to optional hooks to avoid module ordering or other symbol
> > resolution issues; affected:
> >
> >   ap_watchdog_get_instance
> >   ap_watchdog_register_callback
> >   ap_watchdog_set_callback_interval
> >
> > Modified:
> >     httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/cluster/mod_heartmonitor.c
> >     httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/core/mod_watchdog.c
> >     httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/core/mod_watchdog.h
> this breaks NetWare export list; and I did spent hours with Rainer last
> time get the mod_watchdog exported symbols in; can you perhaps help a
> bit with the awk stuff - I'm no expert with this; see:
> where I started with it, but too late to get it right ATM ...

What is the symptom?

The AP_WD_DECLARE stuff is still needed for the external hooks implemented
by mod_watchdog, such as

APR_DECLARE_EXTERNAL_HOOK(ap, AP_WD, int, watchdog_init, (
                          server_rec *s,
                          const char *name,
                          apr_pool_t *pool))

NetWare must already support APR_DECLARE_OPTIONAL_FN one way or another,
long before this change.  I'm unable to tell how mod_watchdog's use of that
is different from existing modules, such as mod_ldap or mod_ssl or core.