Jeff,
Jeff Trawick schrieb:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org
> What is the symptom?
that I was too tired :)

> The AP_WD_DECLARE stuff is still needed for the external hooks
> implemented by mod_watchdog, such as
>
> APR_DECLARE_EXTERNAL_HOOK(ap, AP_WD, int, watchdog_init, (
>                           server_rec *s,
>                           const char *name,
>                           apr_pool_t *pool))
>
> NetWare must already support APR_DECLARE_OPTIONAL_FN one way or another,
> long before this change.  I'm unable to tell how mod_watchdog's use of
> that is different from existing modules, such as mod_ldap or mod_ssl or
> core.
yes, seems NW does - I did now build the test modules, and from the logs
it seems that optional functions / hooks work ...
[Sat Oct 03 11:45:46 2009] [error] Optional function test said: GET
/manual/images/feather.gif HTTP/1.1
[Sat Oct 03 11:45:46 2009] [error] Optional hook test said: GET
/manual/images/feather.gif HTTP/1.1
[Sat Oct 03 11:45:46 2009] [error] Optional function test said: GET
/manual/images/left.gif HTTP/1.1
[Sat Oct 03 11:45:46 2009] [error] Optional hook test said: GET
/manual/images/left.gif HTTP/1.1
[Sat Oct 03 11:45:46 2009] [error] Optional function test said: GET
/manual/images/up.gif HTTP/1.1
[Sat Oct 03 11:45:46 2009] [error] Optional hook test said: GET
/manual/images/up.gif HTTP/1.1

I had the impression that I need to bring them into the export list, but
seems not the case....
did spend some minutes with that, and although I got mod_watchdog now to
load it gives me an error in the log that it cant create the worker
process because 'not implemented for this platform', sniff ...
I think I have to look again deeper into the mpm stuff, and finish what
I have started there (I know there are still some outstanding
renamings), though its hard to catch up when you have not followed close
to all the changes for close to a year where I had really only
error(ENOTIME_PERMANENT) ... :(

thanks, Gün.