On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Walter Heck <walterh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am using apache2, php5 and mod_fcgid on CentOS and I'm having a lot
> of issues with 500 errors. I came across this blog post:
>
> http://jay.vox.com/library/post/mod_fcgid-ignoring-fastcgi-config-settings.html
>
> I was wondering if that is completely true? And if it is, why is it
> that way? Just looking for some answers, trying to understand what is
> going on :)

That's fixed in the mod_fcgid in Subversion.  See the "Get It!" information
at http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/ for how to check out from Subversion.
That particular issue wasn't fixed in the 2.3.1 beta.  Hopefully we'll have
another beta out within the next week, and we can use help testing it.

Previously, server config settings had an interesting property.  If you only
set them at global scope, they applied to virtual hosts too.  But once you
configured one mod_fcgid directive in the vhost the other fcgid settings
would revert to their defaults for that virtual host.  (The same was true
for per-directory settings.)

(If you want help here you need to use the ASF-distributed mod_fcgid, not
the now-ancient mod_fcgid 2.2.)