Jeff Trawick wrote:
Variation number three:

As with your patch, it remembers to add the eos bucket to the brigade
of data sent to the app.  As with my earlier patch, it doesn't send
the trailing FCGI_STDIN record.

In the spec (http://www.fastcgi.com/devkit/doc/fcgi-spec.html#S6.3),
there's no mention of FCGI_STDIN for an FCGI_AUTHORIZER.  I
double-checked that mod_fcgid.c strips any CONTENT_LENGTH when calling
the authorizer, which the spec does call for.
I won't be shocked if it still fails for you; in that case I think we
need to try to understand exactly why the trailing FCGI_STDIN record
is needed.
Our fastcgi code was expecting FCGI_STDIN.
As you point out the spec does not need or allow FCGI_STDIN for an authorizer.

I have fixed this bug in our fastcgi code. Now your original patch works for me now.

Barry