Eric Covener wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Michael Felt <mamf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, it seems it is all relatively simple - as most solutions tend to be.

re: AddHandler message: the statement needed to be moved to within
<IfModule mime_module>
</IfModule>

Probably, my builds were working fine. I am running into other warnings, and
I am wondering if there is a specific, recommended, or preferred order of
LoadModule statements so that the built-in part of apache can be limited to
the four (4) modules I kept seeing from the httpd -l output.

My feeling now is the main file I will need to update for a distribution is
httpd.conf and/or the conf/extra directory. Any advice in this line of
thought is appreciated.

Your covering up a build failure with this. mod_mime should definitely
be available.

my bad - my AddHandler statement was outside the IFModule block (at line 69, near the LoadModules, and it worked for years because mod_mime was built-in) - so the problem I was having was primarily a user error.

What might be a build issue is all the missing LoadModule mod_auth* statements in a default httpd.conf, but I would not know about that. I just see that with a build with only

Compiled in modules:
 core.c
 prefork.c
 http_core.c
 mod_so.c

I get errors about Order, Deny, etc.. httpd 2.0 would be mod_access, but now
there are several mod_auth* mods. Which is why I was asking if there is a
prefered, or required order for LoadModules.