Michael Felt wrote:

>                 > ====
>                 > Making install in modules
>                 > Making install in aaa
>                 > rm -f /opt/aixt/apache2/modules/mod_authn_file.so
>                 > /data/prj/alpha/httpd-2.3.4-alpha/srclib/apr/libtool
>                 --silent --mode=install
>                 > install mod_authn_file.la <http://mod_authn_file.la>
>                 /opt/aixt/apache2/modules/
>                 > find: bad status--
>                 /opt/aixt/apache2/modules/mod_authn_file.la
>                 <http://mod_authn_file.la>
>                 > install: File mod_authn_file.lai was not found.
>                 > make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.

One observation - this snippet is just a snippet from your build output,
and the error is that a file isn't found.

I would guess the real error is further up in your build, where I
predict an error occurred causing the file that isn't found to not be
generated in the first place.

Can you also clarify what steps you are using to build, specifically
command line options.

Regards,
Graham