On 2/28/2010 8:04 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> There is still one proposal missing just one vote, and two proposals
> cannot be reviewed because people.apache.org is down (at least I cannot
> reach it). Maybe delay the tag a bit, like 2-3 days?

Done; pushed this one day.  This is a security fix release, so it's not
appropriate to defer this for fun.  If people.a.o doesn't come back to us
by Monday morning, guess we will have to slide this once again.  I wouldn't
defer for feature additions, nor will I vote for them.  Carefully reviewed
bug fixes?  The more the merrier :)

I'm not voting against them, they are probably very nice to have, but
destabilizing a security release in the interest of new features is not
very friendly to our user community.  And they certainly detract from what
we are trying to actually accomplish, which is to share all the improvements
with the world via httpd 2.4.0, via 2.3-dev alphas.  The answer isn't to keep
backporting everything including the kitchen sink, but release 2.3 more
early and often.  If nobody else jumps on this, I'm happy to make that
happen in the next couple weeks.