On 9 April 2010 13:39, Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Darren Garvey <darren.gar...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 31 March 2010 15:49, Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> mod_proxy_fcgi at least ;)  (I meant to add that earlier)
> >>
> >> mod_proxy_* is httpd's way to route/loadbalance/manage connections to
> >> externally managed servers of various types
>
> > Ahh, this might be what I'm looking for. Is
> > http://mproxyfcgi.sourceforge.net/ the same thing? It looks like
> > mod_proxy_fcgi is in trunk now but this link has a user guide. :)
>
> hmmm, looks like the same idea (hopefully that's a good sign)...
> mod_proxy_fcgid in httpd trunk was started from scratch some 4 yrs
> ago...

Ok so, does mod_proxy_fcgid in trunk work? It would be nice to test my
FastCGI code with an external configuration (with async I/O) on Windows. For
now I'm just using pipes which - apart from blocking on read/write - seem to
work fine.

>  > Does mod_proxy_fcgi set FCGI_WEB_SERVER_ADDRS as per the FastCGI spec?
>
> That should be set when the TCP-based FastCGI application is spawned
> and checked when a new connection from the web server/gateway is
> accepted?
>
> I see PHP logic to check it, but spawn-fcgi (Lighttpd) and fcgistarter
> (httpd) don't handle that automatically.  (I think you'd need to
> create a wrapper for your app that sets it, then tell
> spawn-fcgi/fcgistarter/whatever to run the wrapper.)

Yes, of course. Silly question now I think about it. This is an
installation-specific configuration variable, I guess PassEnv should do too.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Darren