I'd like to drop support for versions of OpenSSL older than 1.0 in the
trunk mod_ssl.  We have 200+ lines of compat macro junk and still six
different compiler warnings remain in a trunk build against 1.0.0.

pro: simplify code: remove ssl_toolkit_compat.h and all compat macro
mess which litters the code

pro: simplify testing: no longer have to test/worry about regressing
builds against N subtly different versions of the OpenSSL API all

pro: can drop the internal CRL revocation code in favour of OpenSSL's

pro: users will be "encouraged" to upgrade to a modern OpenSSL which has
secure TLS reneg

con: trunk/2.3 won't build on all platforms/distros which ship natively
with OpenSSL < 1.0 (duh)

con: I presume this will mean dropping support for the RSA/... toolkits,
if they even work still, which I very much doubt

So... love/hate?

Regards, Joe