On 31/05/2010 22:10, Sander Temme wrote:

> Please note that no released version of Apache knows how to put OpenSSL into
> FIPS mode.  When your Many Users run Apache in a situation with FIPS
> requirements, which and whose patches do they use?  Work on FIPS integration
> at Apache itself stalled in 2007:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/sandbox/gaithersburg/README-FIPS?view=log

That comment refers to the older 1.1 module which was has been superseded by the
1.2 validation. I submitted a patch for the 1.2 module and support is now in
trunk and a backport proposed to 2.2.x, see the SSLFIPS directive.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson. Senior Technical/Cryptography Advisor,
Open Source Software Institute: www.oss-institute.org