Whoever wishes to know, which module is enabled under what conditions: I compiled a list avalable under

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/mods_enabled.txt

Most of it is done by the script

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/mods_enabled.pl

(it needs to be started in the trunk directory) with a bit of hand editing w.r.t. the conditionally included modules. I hope the results are correct, at least they look plausible.

I think some modules should change. There is a nice "default" setting, that will enable a module when "--enable-modules=all" is used.

Some of the new modules (and filters) use this default, like mod_sed, some other older modules still stick to "no" (not even enabled with all) like mod_proxy. I'd say "no" should be only for unstable, example, debugging and test stuff. Mod_proxy and mod_ssl (if ssl toolkit was detected) make good candidates for moving from "no" to at least "default".

The borders between "most" and "default" (=all) are vague. It seems parts of "default" are old stuff not frequently used (e.g. cern_meta, mime_magic), parts are new stuff which didn't yet make it into most (e.g. sed).

Regards,

Rainer