On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM, dave b <db.pub.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > My 2 cents:
> >
> > I doubt that any of the core devs are going to match you for devotion to
> > this topic, but I'm sure we will review patches to trunk to fix somewhat
> > practical scenarios, such as ensuring that memory allocation failures
> during
> > request processing go through the common abort function, if the existing
> > code doesn't already handle that.  (OTOH, I wouldn't think many would
> find
> > addressing un-aborted alloc failures during initialization so
> interesting.)
>
> Sorry I have a habit of measuring things twice and cutting once ;)
>

> > That requires some investigation/understanding of the context of the code
> > that passes NULL for the parent pool, which hopefully you can make an
> > attempt at without dumping the grep output and selected source code to
> the
> > mailing list ;)
> > (I know that sounds rude, but its my best advice to pursuing that thread
> of
> > investigation.)
>
> It doesn't sound rude. It sounds like you want me to do the work for you.

no, I don't want you to do anything for me; I'm just sharing my educated
guess at what it takes to make progress on this topic you're apparently very
interested in

with a little luck you'll be able to find somebody here to analyze the code
you pointed out to see which cases actually matter, and to what extent

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...