On 29/11/2010 19:34, Dr Stephen Henson wrote:

> You can get a UTF8String from most string types using ASN1_STRING_to_UTF8().
> This should be adequate for most purposes: it doesn't handle the more bizarre
> TeletexString shift conversions but those are rarely encountered in practice.

I should have also included a note of warning about ASN1_STRING_to_UTF8(). You
cannot safely assume that the result will be a null terminated string as many
ASN1 string types can include embedded nulls: this can have security
implications in some cases.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson. Senior Technical/Cryptography Advisor,
Open Source Software Institute: www.oss-institute.org