On 12/16/2010 6:51 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
The Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha test tarballs are available at:

        http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

Please vote on whether to release as 2.3.10-alpha.

-1 on httpd-2.3.10-deps.  pcre is missing, although apr, apr-util and
even expat are there.

As Jim wrote its not a regression. There was some discussion about whether to include PCRE in the deps tarball when we voted on 2.3.8. The majority was against including it and I think it was your opinion too. Some made the suggestion of making building against an external pcre easier for Netware and Windows.

See the discusion at

http://marc.info/?t=128266837200001&r=1&w=2

starting with the second mail (from Günter).

Regards,

Rainer