----- Original Message -----
> On Wednesday 06 July 2011, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > <Troll>
> > Default set of loaded mods is more important
>
> Not enabling everything that is built would need some infrastructure
> to make it work on all supported platforms. I don't know how much
> effort that is, but unless someone implements it, there is IMHO no
> need to discuss the list of modules that would be loaded by default.

I agree with Jeff: It would be really good to have only the minimum
list of modules enabled that enable us to support the config we ship

on Unix:
========

mod_unixd
mod_mpm_event.so
(or the default mpm that was built)

mod_authz_host
mod_authz_core

The following are covered in <IfModule checks>
dir_module
log_config_module
logio_module
alias_module
cgid_module
mime_module

Strangely, MIMEMagicFile is not. It is however commented out.

The following describe the files in extra/ - note I'm not
mentioning mod_authz_core and mod_authz_host, because they
are already indiscrimenatly used in httpd.conf

multilang-errordoc
==================
mod_alias
mod_include
mod_negotiation

autoindex
=========
mod_autoindex
mod_alias

languages
=========
mod_mime
mod_negotiation

userdir
=======
mod_userdir

info
====
mod_info
mod_status

manual
======
mod_alias
mod_setenvif
mod_negotiation

dav
===
mod_alias
mod_auth_digest
mod_authn_core
mod_authn_file
mod_authz_user
mod_dav
mod_dav_fs

ssl
===
mod_log_config
mod_setenvif
mod_ssl
socache_shmcb_module

I think the default list of modules should enable an
administrator to serve up static files without having
to touch the list of modules.

What are the OS specific modules for other platforms?
What's your opinion?

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883