On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:58 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 7/7/2011 3:39 AM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
>> I have an error log full of these;
>>
>> [Thu Jul 07 00:15:58.010625 2011] [mpm_winnt:warn] [pid 2840:tid 1572] (OS
>> 64)The
>> specified network name is no longer available.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous
>> AcceptEx failed.
>
> This might be http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1091826
> confusing the issue if you build with Win32 IPv6 toggled on, depending on
> your operating system and the SDK you used to build... it was introduced
> in 1.4.3, you might want to try reverting this patch after first working
> through the ticket below...

That doesn't look hopeful, as that patch only modifies behavior for
Windows < Vista; Greg reports the same problem with XP *and Vista*.
(OS level detection would have to be broken?)

>> Thanks to Steffen's bringing this up, I now know how I should be fixing this.
>>
>> The problem is, if I set
>>
>> AcceptFilter http none
>>
>> I lose all my vhosts and everything reverts to the main host. If I use
>
> Implies that the host headers are not queried for ***normal*** sockets,
> and reviewing http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1088569
> it looks like this was "optimized" (read:bugged) away.

Supposedly that commit means "hey, we just got the peername from
accept(); don't call getpeername()".

I don't follow the "host headers are not queried" connection to
anything in APR...  (I guess we're talking about name-based vhosts.)

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...