On 2/21/2012 4:03 PM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Stefan Fritsch wrote on Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 22:53:44 +0100:
>> On Tuesday 21 February 2012, Michael Felt wrote:
>>> FYI - I see no notable difference in the W messages with the IBM
>>> vacpp (xlc) v7 compiler using no CFLAGS and CFLAGS='-O2
>>> -qlanglvl=extc99'
>>
>> Hrm. Assigning function pointers to void * is not really portable. Not
>> sure about the best way to fix this, yet, while keeping the code
>> readable.
>>

> I think the issue is a constness mismatch?

No... a function pointer isn't a data pointers (and there are several
architectures which reflect this).  It's also a potential source of
security weaknesses.  Is the function prototype variable?

Or cast it through a typedef void (void_fn*)(void); void_fn fnp; variable,
which at least retains the 'functionness' of the pointer.