On 02.03.2012 11:44, Michael Felt wrote:
Well, as long as I dont need a compiler (as I dont have one installed
here, dont want test to be dependent on compiler, or dev related files
not normally found on production system) this wont be a problem - I will
just install the packages and then execute the tests.

As Jeff wrote: the test suite needs a compiler, because it builds additional modules that come with the test suite first.

You might be able to start tests and let the modules build and then later move everything to a non-dev box and rerun the tests there (which will not try to build those modules again). Never tried it, but you should at least move it to the same directory on the other box.

However, as noted for the performance benchmark between ngix (or
something like that) and httpd-2.4.1 - testing over network interfaces,
rather than on local host is also needed (if not preferred).

The test suite checks functionality and bug regressions. It doesn't test performance. For performance tests you will need specialized tools and the results will depend a lot on the type of environment used, the configuration and the use cases being simulated.

Regards,

Rainer