On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2013, at 3:37 PM, Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net> wrote:
>
> > On 23 Aug 2013, at 15:05 (UTC-0400), Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> >> I'm scrapping some of the work I've been doing, simply because, from
> what I can see, using the current method of specifying it creates problems.
> >>
> >> Instead, I'm looking into something like:
> >>
> >>  http://localhost/var/run/server.sock|/foo/bar
> >>
> >> For ease of parsing and clearly breaking out what needs to be encoded,
> etc.
> >

> > My different suggestion is unixsocket+http:/var/run/server.sock://foo/bar
> >

> I've also looked at (and am hoping it works out)
>
>         sock://var/run/server.sock|http://localhost/foo/bar
>
> The reason I like using '|' is it's quite Perlish :)
> The other advantage is that it keep both "sides" completely
> separate and self-contained.

Your idea would still work fine if it used "fcgi" instead of "http", right?
 (There could be multiple protocols that use a Unix socket; something
should distinguish this as FastCGI.)

How would a relative socket path be represented?  (assuming we want to
support runtimedir)

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/