Which one?

        sock://var/run/server.sock|http://localhost/foo/bar

or

        http://localhost/foo/bar|sock:/var/run.s.sock

I guess we could say that the path info for the "segment" that
provides the communication scheme (http://localhost/... above),
if any, is ignored.

eg:

        http://localhost/|sock:./rel/dir/s.sock
        ajp://localhost/ignored/path|sock:/var/run/a.sock

Heck, we could even do away w/ sock: and use file: which
people understand has relative and abs paths, lacks
host, etc... Plus, we avoid creating any "additional"
scheme ;)