And... this is a bit discouraging, but as a comparison to the older UDS
patch....
2.4.6 + original UDS patch:
Requests/sec:   5347.17
Requests/sec:   5102.16
Requests/sec:   5074.15

This is a sizable difference... Note that the current 2.4 backport
proposal was applied to 2.4.6 since that is what I tested the original
patch with (to keep everything apples to apples).

I'll jump in to take a look at this when time is available (next week?)
but would like to fish for any immediate thoughts in the mean time.

--
Daniel Ruggeri