Cool :).

As a workaround for that limitation I was using a "hack" (in case someone
finds it useful):

ProxyPass /mybackend-fpm-proxy !
ProxyPass /mybackend-fpm-proxy unix:/path/to/www.sock|fcgi://mybackend-fpm/
RewriteRule ^(.*\.php(/.*)?)$ fcgi://mybackend-fpm/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} [P,L]

As the workers are find by url, I can omit the socket it the rewrite, but
I'm forced to define them using a ProxyPass. As I'm not interested in
mapping an url to the proxy, I disable it (with the ! part), which looks
really ugly :).

Do you think that approach is safe or is it likely to break at some point?
(relaying on the workers being located by url in that way, without having
to provide the socket in the rewrite)

Best regards,

Juanjo.